06th November, No Comments
By John Watson
1. The Complete Sherlock Holmes – the Canon is an essential part of any Holmes libary and this edition is a real bargain.
2. Dust and Shadow – my own account of the Ripper killings.
3. The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – stories that I’m not sure are really true!
4. Sherlock Holmes Handbook– a new edition of this essential handbook.
5.Eliminate the Impossible: An Examination of the World of Sherlock Holmes on Page and Screen – a fascinating examination of Holmes’ world from the author soon to bring us a book about my literary agent’s time in Norwood.
6.The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Volume 1 and Volume 2 – Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce radio shows. Witty, fast-paced, and always surprising, these great radio plays are as fresh as when they first premiered and feature perfect sound.
7. Sherlock Holmes’s London – a recreation of the London Holmes and I know.
8. Sherlock Holmes Calendar 2010 – how could you manage without this?
9. Sherlock Holmes: The Unauthorized Biography – pure guesswork of course!
10.Sherlock Holmes Handbook: Methods and Mysteries of the World’s Greatest Detective – seems as though this gives the whole game away!
This is only the start of what promises to be a bumper year of Holmes books and other paraphernalia as the Sherlock Holmes film creates a renewed interest in the world’s first consulting detective. There’s even going to be a Sherlock Holmes for Dummies!